On May 20, 2016, Discovery is invited to attend the kick-off EU-US Expert Group Meeting hosted by Picasso project, in Washington DC. Discovery would present in the afternoon session to showcase its support to EU-North America collaboration in the ICT research and innovation.
The Picasso EU-US Expert Group Meeting is focused on collaboration, the support towards policy dialogue between the two economies on upcoming societal challenges faced with establishing smart cities, energy and transportation through key enabling technologies, namely 5G networks, big data, Internet of Things (IoT), and cyber physical security. 60 members from ICT experts, key opinion leaders, US government agencies, Discovery and members from other partners and collaborated with relevant EU Horizon 2020 projects will be attending the event.
The expected outcomes of the Picasso EU-US Expert Group Meeting Meeting are:
- Boost the mutual visibility ICT policies between EU and US
- Increase the exposure under the key programs ranging from smart cities, energy and transportation to key enabling technologies: 5G, big data, IoT and cyber physical security
- Raise awareness to the challenges within the context and how can they be addressed through policy measures
- Highlight the opportunities for joint research funding and other policy measures for improvement of EU-US ICT research and innovation collaboration
- Identify areas for joint EU-US collaboration
Please follow our news on the latest updates on the exciting first Picasso EU-US ICT collaboration!
For more information, please visit:http://bit.ly/1R9piT7