On July 8, 2016, DISCOVERY is about to convene its first capacity-building workshop in Toronto at University of Toronto, Galbraith Building Room 202.
This capacity-building workshop is part of the DISCOVERY cycle of workshops to explore and share opportunities for EU-North America collaboration in ICT R&I under EU H2020, Canada and US Programmes. The event is being held just after SAVI Annual General Meeting on 6-7 July and it is geared to funding agencies, researchers and industry leaders interested in ICT R&I collaborative projects with Europe. The workshops will showcase practical knowledge and successful examples of collaboration between North America and EU in the field of ICT, and it will combine panel discussions with project ideas generation.
|Welcome and objectives of the workshop, Alberto Leon-Garcia, SAVI|
DISCOVERY project and Working Groups on Funding Mechanisms, ICT policy and regulations and Cybersecurity, Jostein Sundet, NordForsk; Camille Sailer, EACCNJ; Brid Walsh, WIT
Current options for collaboration, research programs and approaches
· Canada: TBD (SSHRC), TBD (NRC), Mary-Louise Howard (CRTC), TBD (NSERC), Martin Lord (OCE),
· EU H2020 (tbc),
· Ken Calvert, US (NSF via Skype or Webex)
· University of Toronto VP Research Office (tbc)
Experience of successful collaborative projects and initiatives
· The views of individual researchers: Jutta Trevinarus (OCAD), Raouf Boutaba (Waterloo), Mohamed Cheriet (ETS Montreal).
· The views of Agencies & Networks: Chip Elliot (GENI), Jacques Magen (FIWARE), Rick McGeer (US Ignite), A. Leon-Garcia (SAVI)
· VP Research Office, University of Toronto and OCAD
ICT R&I priorities for EU-North America cooperation: results of DISCOVERY survey, Yolanda Ursa, INMARK
Project ideas generation: breakout into groups on selected topics of interest for collaboration and presentations (elevator pitch)
|Identify a set of actions for the ICT Discovery Lab (Toronto, 13 October 2016)|
Conclusions and end of the meeting, Alberto Leon-Garcia SAVI, Jutta Trevinarus, OCAD